Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Palisade State Park | Utah


This past week I spent a night at one of the Utah State Parks.  The setting was really pretty, the park is situated around a good portion of a small lake.  This is the first time since I've been in the southwest that I have actually had someone tell me that a lake is above normal level.


As you can see below there are even trees growing out of the lake at this point.


There are kayaks, paddleboards and paddle boats for rent for use on the lake.  There were dozens of families with multiple children enjoying the lake.  Most of them had brought colorful blow-up water toys with them.


As I was walking around enjoying the scenery I came across this dragonfly type creature.  In the sunlight he looked iridescent.


Across the street from the park is very nice community, saving the park from being a remote rustic adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment