Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Route 66 | Victorville | California


This was one of the most interesting things I saw on this part of Route 66.  The Bottle Tree Ranch is an amazing collection of bottles and other antique items.  I was surprised that there was no one there to charge admission.


There were too many of these bottle trees to count.








There were other things on my trip, but for me - less impressive.


 
And other interesting items - a bench seat!
 


 
This shows the entire route of Route 66.
 
 

I'm not sure what the Dunes were, but there were a few old abandoned buildings, like it might have been a motel or something.

 
The next few photos are from the town of Victorville.
 

 
Unfortunately, many of the buildings in the downtown area were abandoned.
 


I thought this was part of Route 66, but I found out it's probably only a bridge to get into some type of factory.  Interesting bridge.


I have seen tumbleweeds in other places, but this is the biggest one I've seen.  Seems that they had a tumbleweed infestation due to the winds in the area.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment