Saturday, June 8, 2019

Caballo Lake State Park | New Mexico


This is a great scene not too far from where I was camped.


During the weekend, this area is packed with tents, trailers and lots of people. 


I love the water and there are so many places to get close to it.


Cactus flowers are still blooming.


A Yucca plant has this type of bloom.


Desert Willow trees are all over this area. beautiful this time of year.

 
I love these boat ramp signs!


They have a very nice, spacious boat ramp, well used on the weekends.

 
This state park has another RV area, called Riverside, which is full of large trees, as compared with the desert in the main area.
 
 
A small dam regulates the water in the area, and when I was there, it was really low.



The Rv sites where I was are all pull-thru, and quite spacious, with tables and shelters.  There is also a large area for boondocking.
 
 
Unfortunately, after I left someone texted me to let me know that ALL sites in this state park will be by reservation only.  There will be no "first come, first served".
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment