Friday, July 6, 2018

Sacramento Pass BLM Campground | Nevada


Most BLM campgrounds are wonderful, this was in the middle of almost nowhere, right off Route 50 in Nevada.  And it is free!  The little pond makes it interesting and that's my 5th wheel just beyond it.  It's only a half hour to Great Basin National Park.


I was in the lower section and if you go up a gravel road, they have the equestrian area, complete with a little corral. and more camp sites.


Somewhere in the past, they put lots of money in the place, including this concrete pad that's by the information kiosk.


Scenery was pretty also.


In different places in my travels, I keep finding new flowers.  I didn't expect these purple stripes on this!


This is a bit bizarre, it's only about 6' tall and looks quite new, although it's not in use. 


The information kiosk told me there was an old mining town - I took a drive one day to find it - and this is it.  I should have known when they said it was the "site" of an old town.  This is now on private property and behind a gate and pretty much the only thing left.


The dirt road to get there was mostly one lane and turned out to be 10 miles long, although it seemed like much more.  One part was very steep.  Along the way, a few people are still living on this road.

 
Close to the other side, there was a field with about 60 wind generators.
 

The little cemetery is still being taken care of.


Back at the ranch, this little bird was building a nest.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment