Monday, February 29, 2016

Ceramics - Final Projects

 
 
Since my time in San Carlos will be coming to an end in a few weeks, I have finished my projects for this season.  My little lizard above is about 5 inches long and he gets to hang around inside my RV with some of my other projects.
 
 
This is an Indian pueblo scene, about 5 inches wide.  Pueblos are mostly brown in color, but I chose to make this one more colorful.
 

Above are two magnets, the larger one is about 2 inches tall the other is a bit smaller.  The tile is just about 4 inches square.  The photo below shows a soap dispenser done with a glaze that has a blue base but has chunky pieces in it that melt in the kiln and turn into different colors.  Those glazes come in all colors and they're fun to use - I like to see how they come out after being fired.

 
Since I will be moving around this summer in my RV, I will be packing up my little treasures each time I move so they will all stay intact.  If I had been living in a house, I would have done larger projects, but these will be a great reminder of our ceramics group and the fun we had while doing these projects.
 
The show and sale is coming up next week and there are some amazing pieces that will be on display.  I will be there, taking photos, as usual.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment