Thursday, September 6, 2018

Mud Creek | National Forest | Utah

 
This is my view of some of my neighbors after a storm that included 3 episodes of hail and lots of rain.  The storm lasted until late in the evening, but even before that, my site was full of muddy areas.  The photo below was one of my campsites.  This is National Forest land and locals usually bring in their RVs days before the weekend.  They will leave them until the weekend, and then come in on Friday or Saturday.  They bring boats and 4 wheelers for the trails.  On weekdays, it feels like a ghost town.
 
 
It's a pretty area.
 
 
I love to see the lake, which is Strawberry Reservoir, and this is  shot from my other campsite.
 
 
One of the other campers told me that the dirt road up into the aspens ended with a very large camping area, so I took a drive up there.  The further I drove into the aspens, the more the dirt road got rougher, with some big ruts.  I didn't want to drive my truck any further up, and I certainly didn't want to even think of taking my 5th wheel up there.  It sure was pretty up there though.
 
 
I took a drive around other areas of the neighborhood, very pretty.
 

 
Quite a few of the BLM camping areas have cattle on them.  Most of the time, the cattle are separated by a fence.  My cat has to see what's happening outside and loves the critters.  I think the cows are the largest animals she has seen. 
 
 
An entire herd of them were in the campground this day, well maybe only a partial herd.  They started moving down the hill in a large group, mooing all the way.  I knew someone had to be herding them, and soon, I saw a man on horseback with his dog.  The dog was having a great time, and doing a wonderful job also. 


After they invaded my neighbor's campsite, they moved on down the road.

 
 

2 comments: