Thursday, April 12, 2018

Calico Ghost Town | Barstow | California


I really like ghost towns, so I had to check this one out. 

















I thought this was a church, but the sign tells me it's a school.  And it certainly was, a one room school.





I have heard of these buildings made of bottles, they are supposed to be great for insulation.  Unfortunately, this was not open, so I didn't get to see the inside.



Some of the old buildings were made with rocks.




Of course, every ghost town has a cemetery.




I have been to many ghost towns but I think this is the first one I have paid to get into and I was a bit disappointed.  I expected it to be rustic, all the buildings are nicely restored, but it just seems to exist to make money, unlike some of the other places I've been.  I would just say it's not my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment