Friday, December 1, 2017

Kittens! | Fostering in San Carlos, Mexico!

 
I have been living with 3 foster kittens for a few weeks.  I thought it was double vision......    No, just when they're curled up like that, they look like twins.  Not so much when they unwind.

Last winter season, I fostered a little kitten and he was great fun.  This season, there were 3 from one litter that needed a foster home.  Of course, I thought it would be great fun and instantly I said I'd take them, even though they were hiding when I went to meet them.  They were very low-key the first day, but they soon decided that this was their home and they could do whatever they wanted!  Amazing how much energy these little things have, and they only weight a couple of pounds!  We had to establish "time out" places - sometimes it was just the bedroom, but other times it meant "The Crate".  This was usually reserved for 3 AM playtimes.  Surprisingly, they didn't mind getting time out and they settled right down.

They finally realized that feathers are fun to play with.  I love it when they stand on their back feet.
 

This was the sweetest one.


This turned out to be a sweetie also.  These two girls do most of the purring.



And this little innocent-looking one is the bad boy who starts all the wrestling matches!


These are previous photos and I can tell they grew quite a bit in just 3 weeks.




Feeding time at my little zoo, took me weeks to get them all in one photo!
  

My little ones left this morning for Arizona and they should not have any trouble getting adopted.  They are sweet and friendly.  The photo below shows them ready to get into the car to be driven to a shelter across the border.  Sure is quiet in my place tonight........





4 comments:

  1. Betty, I'm so grateful you were the one to take these babies. Thank you so much for the beautiful photos. Now we will always have something to remember them by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such sweeties! I'm sure they will get good homes.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are precious - I'm sure they're going to get good homes because they're so "user-friendly"!

      Delete