Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year - New Neighborhood


When I lived on the sailboat, I joked about the fact that if we didn't like the neighbors or the neighborhood - it was easy to change it.  All we had to do was just pick up the anchor and go to another harbor or island.  Now that I live in a 5th wheel trailer, I can do basically the same thing! 

Florida is a very touristy state, especially when snow starts piling up in the northern states.  For the past couple months, I have been at an RV park just south of Daytona Beach.  The second month I was here, the rent went up - January's rent was supposed to go up more.   By February, the rent was going to go over $700.  Not knowing when my house would sell and I could go "cruising", I started looking for a more reasonable place live in my 5th wheel. 

I found a little mobile home park that allowed RVs.  I called them and got the information on rent and facilities.  The rent was way more reasonable and they paid for the electric!  They have wifi, but it's non-existent at my site, so I'm waiting for the cable company to come in a day or so.  Otherwise, they have full hookups and a laundry room.   AND, I'm right on the water - only a tributary of the intercoastal, but scenic.  I can see the lighthouse flash on the opposite shore.  Much better view than other RV neighbor's rigs less than 10' away.

So, welcome to my new neighborhood.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment