Friday, August 16, 2019

Heron Lake State Park | New Mexico

 

Heron Lake is quite close to El Vado, there are ospreys in both places.  This one was not as helpful with getting a good shot.

  
Scenery is great, but you have to take a little walk down to the water.  Good exercise though. 
 



Last time I was here, I was able to walk down to this river, but the steps down have apparently deteriorated and are blocked off.  At least I did get to hike down there once a few years ago. 
 


The dam is nearby this area - as well as another camping area.

 
The marina was a really pretty area. 

 
Not many boats, and I'm not sure why.  And I never found out how to get down there.
 
 
 
I was standing on the edge of the reservoir, which shows how low the water level is.
 
 
Another flower I don't think I have seen before, surprisingly how many little wild flowers there are. 
 

Some of these sites are great, I was lucky to get one of the spacious ones.


 

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at google maps satelite view. 36.704648,-106.6559512 - the lake is actually up right now and I'm glad to see the boat slips are actually floating! Couple more wet years and maybe it will get back to it's former glory......

    ReplyDelete