Tuesday, March 27, 2018

San Carlos Skydiving and Other Scenery | Mexico


San Carlos has skydiving down to the beach.  They fly from Guaymas, about 10 miles away (by road) and then turn you loose at 10,000 feet.  The two I saw come down both had two people, so they must have been first-timers.
 

This is a chute that's ready to be packed up.  You just hang in the sky, it actually takes quite a bit of time to come down to sea level.  Looks like it might be fun, and I'm adventurous, but I really don't think I want to jump out of an airplane that's running perfectly.

 
It's rare to see this type of vehicle in San Carlos, a 1953 Dodge pickup.  The owner told me that it was used back in the 60s to pull boats out of the water to take them to a storage yard.  I had not seen it around town until a few weeks ago.
 

 
I love this kind of fencing.
 
 
There are free range animals here, even though they may belong to someone.  This particular road is not lit at night and sometimes you'll find cows wandering in the road.
 
 
Most Mexicans are Catholic, and are quite religious.  There are all sorts of shrines in the country.
 
 
I'm not sure how this boat got way over here......
 

 
Most Spanish towns I've been in have plazas, a park-like area in the city somewhere.  San Carlos has not had one, so they are now making one, with an ornate fountain and lights that run off solar.
 
 
This is the community church where the plaza will be located.

 
La Manga is the fishing village on the outskirts of town. 
 

This view of the Tetakawi is coming down the road from the overlook, which has been getting a facelift and opened right after I left.


I like this area and visit this little tree and the island each year I'm here.

 
Seaweed adorning rocks along the beach.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment