Saturday, February 3, 2018

Chica | San Carlos | Mexico

 
This is Chica, my new roommate. She was a feral cat, living on the streets in San Carlos for the first 7 months of her life.  A friend was able to trap her and get her spayed at the SBPA Spay/Neuter Clinic in December.  My friend has 2 older cats, who didn't want to get along with the newcomer, so she kept Chica in her extra bedroom.  I went over to her house to take photos to put on the San Carlos bulletin board, hoping she would get adopted.


Meanwhile I was fostering 3 kittens who were about 2 months old.  They went north to get adopted and I've been told they got good homes - they really were sweet and sociable.  Chica was still trapped in the extra bedroom in my friend's house.  We didn't get any offers to adopt her and it wasn't fair to just keep her locked up, although it was a very nice location.


She is now a very spoiled cat who lives with me in my 27' 5th wheel.  She's happy, well fed and doesn't have to be worried about the dangers of living on the street.  She is one of the most gentle cats I've ever had, and she's got a great disposition.  She doesn't trust people she doesn't know, so she hides when someone comes in.  She is not tempted to go outside, which is understandable and actually is a good thing.


So, I will have a traveling companion from now on and I'm really enjoying her.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear there was a happy ending for her. We have a traveling kitty too. He has been from coast to coast and border to border in the USA. Like Chica he is not often tempted to go outside. Enjoy your new friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been missing a cat around the place. I knew that sooner or later I would find a kitten that needed a home. It's a good fit and I know we're going to have a good time this summer.

      Delete