Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Desert Hiking

 
 
 
I'm happy to say that I finally have seen a blooming Saguaro cactus.  This species of cactus is so tall that some of them reach well over 30 feet or more.  Therefore, it's hard to get a picture of the bloom that's at human level.




 

This is typical of the Sonoran Desert around Arizona.   Not very much like the old cowboy movies where someone is struggling through the desert with nothing but sand.


 

Apparently this guy got lost and never made it back to civilization.

 


I'm not sure what animal makes a hole in the ground and then covers it with a web,  but I'm thinking maybe tarantula.   In any case it's a very intricate cover to his home.


The creosote bush has furry seeds, as you can see in the close-up below.  By the way, this is not where we get creosote.


This is probably my least favorite cactus but it sure does make pretty blooms.


I just love this purple coloring and then the yellow flowers on this cactus.

 



 And this is just a different way of seeing a sunset.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post. hiking trails near me

    ReplyDelete