Thursday, January 4, 2018

The Estuary | Estero el Soldado | San Carlos, Mexico


Last year when I came down to San Carlos, they had this sign up - they were a little later getting it up for this year, but I still like it.

 
This is the estuary in San Carlos, a mangrove-lined lagoon just outside of town. 


As you walk along and get closer to the Sea of Cortez, you'll see sandbars where the sea water comes in.

 
Across the water, you can see this building, which has not been used lately.
 
 
 
This is a sanctuary, so the birds are protected, pelicans are common.
 
 





I love the ripples in the sand made by the water action.


The Tetakawi is visible from here.

 
 
As I walk back to civilization, I find another path to the water and a small rock formation out on the Sea.

 

 
This was a great sunset - not necessarily the same day I walked the Estuary, but definitely a good one.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the sign and the sunset. Someday I hope to be down there with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 6 hours south of Tucson - if you wait a few years, the road paving might be done and it will be an easy trip! It's not bad now, since they've been working on it for a while, and it's getting better every trip.

      Delete