Sunday, December 10, 2017

Andale II | Touring San Carlos Waterfront | Mexico


This past week, I was fortunate to go on a tour by boat to see some of the San Carlos scenery from a different perspective.  The tour was on Andale II, at the marina.


Most of my photos of this area so far have been from land.  I loved getting a different viewpoint.

 
The anchorage looked much larger and I had never seen the actual harbor entrance.
 

I was able to see some of the neighborhoods I have driven through, certainly different from being on land.



There are many rock islands out there, some with caves or small passages through them.

 


 


The white coloring on this rock island looks like it could be a dusting of snow - but it's guano, also known as bird droppings.  Yes, it does smell a bit if you're downwind of these rocks.


This is part of a low-lying island called Honeymoon Island, and was inhabited by seabirds.


One of the seabirds I really like is the frigate, and I got to see one on the trip.


The highlight of the tour was definitely the dolphins.  Our captain went to an area where it seems that the dolphins hang out.  If the boat is going at a certain speed, they swim in the bow waves very close to the boat.  I have always been amazed that they can coordinate their speed with a boat - you never hear of a dolphin being hit by a boat. 



 
This photo was taken just as this dolphin surfaced and blew out excess water, creating a small rainbow.
 

 

 



This one was swimming on his back - sometimes they will be swimming along and turn their body so that they can look at the people on the boat.


All too soon, we had to go back to the harbor.  Thanks to Andale II as well as the Captain and Crew for a fun trip!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That looks like it was fun. Great pictures. Love the frigate bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful time, great scenery - I was glad to get back on a boat again!

      Delete