Monday, June 29, 2015

Painted Desert, Arizona


The southwest is full of stunning scenery - rock formations, petrified wood and multi-colored hills. In addition to the unique scenery in the Petrified Forest National Park, nearby is the Painted Desert.

As with all these areas, access is restricted to only parts you can drive or hike short distances to.


I just can't resist a photo of my favorite lizard - he was so nice to pose for me. The light was just right to see how scaley his skin is.  They're called Collared Lizard.
 
 
As with all the desert areas, I just love it when I come across a rusted old car out in the middle of nowhere. This car is pretty well weather-worn, but it was placed here as part of the Route 66 promotion.
 
 
 
This area has just amazing scenery, but not much in the way of phone signals or internet.  Even the library is closed on Mondays!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment