Thursday, June 18, 2015

Intruder!!


A few nights ago I heard some strange noises in the very quiet forest camp I was in.  It sounded like it was coming from the fridge.  Then it sounded like it was coming from further forward in my fifth wheel.  I got my flashlight, then went out to open my basement doors.  I flashed the light around - didn't see any movement, didn't see anything out of place, nothing out of the ordinary.
 
That night I woke up about 2 o'clock in the morning and heard more noises.  I decided that I needed to do some real investigation the next day.
 
The next morning I got up early as usual, had my breakfast, then went out and  opened up all my hatches in the basement.  I started at one side and took everything out, I found what looked like a nest.  Luckily there were no babies in the nest.  What was in the next was bristles from my expensive, very soft brush that I use to clean the RV. 
 
 
I emptied out the rest of the basement to make sure that he/she wasn't hiding anywhere.  I will be listening very carefully for the next few nights to make sure that he's not anywhere around.
I guess that's the downside of boondocking.  But at least I caught it in time so there was not much damage done except for my brush.  It is funny that the critter took the bristles from the middle of the brush and left all the bristles on each side - she/he just took the middle third of it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment