Monday, June 8, 2015

Boondocking Areas, Arizona

 
I have been boondocking in National Forests a few times in Arizona.  Around the Sedona/Cottonwood area, I found two sites that were nice and easy to get into.  One is the Route 179 exit off I-17. Just take a left into Forest road 618 and keep going until you see a sign that says "trailer parking".  It really means horse trailers, but the Ranger assured me that it was fine to camp there.
 
Near Cottonwood, I found a spot off Route 260 - turn on Thousand Trails Road and take the first left dirt road.  This is a large area and several times I saw the hot air balloons overhead about 6 AM.  It has great scenery and is easy to get into.
 

 
 
The next site I found was Forest Road 303 just outside of Walnut Canyon National Monument.  It's convenient to Flagstaff and quiet. 
 

I'll be looking for more sites in the future as I travel to different areas.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this great post. I will mark these down. I figure if you can get into them so can I.

    ReplyDelete