Saturday, March 1, 2014

Countdown



This has been my neighborhood since New Year's Day.  I've enjoyed the sunrises, have gotten up early just to take some spectacular photos.  The evening sunsets cast a warm buttery-yellow glow onto my scenery in the evening. 

But this blog is not about my neighborhood - it's about moving on soon.  I have been living in my 5th wheel since last November when I moved out of my house to make it easier to sell.  I have been waiting for some "snowbird" (as Floridians call the seasonal tourists) to make an offer because they were tired of the cold and snow up north.  Finally, the beginning of last month, I got an offer, which was countered and accepted!  I waited for 3 weeks for the closing, hoping there wouldn't be any snags with the deal.  About a week ago, I signed my name a couple times, got the check and went directly to the bank as I was calling to cancel my homeowner's insurance.  I was finally FREE to enter the next stage of my life. 

I have lists of things to do, such as getting someone to rebed one of my windows that the old owner had just gooped caulking around.  If it wasn't high up in the section over the 5th wheel hitch, I'd probably try to do it myself, but I don't like heights and it's a decent sized window.  Unfortunately, the thing that will hold me up the longest will be my taxes - I really need to get them done here and I'm still waiting for some revised 1099 forms to come in.  Seems that one fund I have sends them out late repeatedly each year.   I just might trade that one in next year. 

I have already signed up for Passport America, which gives me a 50% discount in selected RV Parks across the states - I love a good discount!  I still need to sign up with Coach Net, which is the AAA of the RV world.  I don't expect any mechanical problems, new tires all around and lots of mechanical stuff has been done to the truck.  And I'm going to change oil and filter before I go.   But, just to be sure, it's cheap insurance!  I need to download the app for Allstays to add to my collection of apps for truck stops, dump stations, weather information and other helpful apps.  This is a comprehensive list of places to stay, phone numbers and other important information.

Last week, I found a little Honda generator from a private seller, so I picked that up.   It won't start the AC, but it should do most everything else.  If I find I need more power, I can just add another one and run them in tandem.  I even picked up a bike rack for the back of the camper. 

So, here I sit, making my final plans and waiting for that tax form.  In March, no monthly check for that house (!) and no big check for my rent here, I've already arranged to pay weekly.  I'm keeping busy by doing some volunteer work and little projects here, such as finding something that I can't remember where I put it when I moved in.  Oh, yeah, I do have one project that I have parts on order for - I need to restring one of my day/night shades - I'm sure that's gonna be LOTS of fun!  Yes, of course it was the biggest one in the camper!!



No comments:

Post a Comment